Pages

May 26, 2007

Ma famille - hors de prix


The king and his men stole the queen from her bed
And bound her in her bones
The seas be ours and by the powers

Where we will, we'll roam...

Yo ho, all together...
Hoist the colors high...
Heave ho, thieves and beggars...
Never shall we die...

Uhuhuhuhhu....pirate fever~

Yesterday I went to Mak Pah's house in Kajang to visit herhusband, Uncle Mazlan. He just underwent a minor leg surgery and Alhamdulillah, he's all fine by now.Dapat cuti 3 weeks lagi! I haven't seen my aunts and uncles for months y'know?? And it was such a nice visit as I got to let go all the burden in my chest, rambling to my CikPi about in-house problems & worrisome future. I've even made a deal with MakPah to be her protege(in cookings)! And in return, I'll be tutoring her UPSR-PMR-SPM children. Triple trouble, triple kerisauan, and I hope I'll be able to provide useful helps to ease her burden, insyaAllah.

Last Sunday I went to Abdul Razak clan's Mothers' Day celebration - an annual celebration organised by my late father's family. Abdul Razak is my great great grandfather (I'm not sure how many greats should I put in though. I think he's my father's grandfather KOT) and he was honoured by the Dato' Setia Selangor title. I guessed he's really someone ait? So it was quite a merry family gathering, peeps were dancing, singing & laughing out louds but the atmosphere was just too different when I was around my maternal family. Perhaps the fact that my father has passed away and I don't get to see them more often made me feel very...alienated? Hohoho maybe it was just me. Saye..mmg agak susah utk memesrakan diri with new atmosphere or once-in-a-blue-moon-baru-jumpe-peeps.

But it's kinda sad actually. Here in my paternal side I've got lots of cousins with the similar age as moi. Kire byk teenagers la as compared to my maternal family, I'm the 4th grandchild out of 21++ so it made me the orang dewasa nye clan, which is not so many. It'll be lots of fun if I get to hang out with 'em berhooha like what they always do among them. But I think I shouldn't be blaming anyone/anything but me. Maybe I just don't smile that often and didn't put so much effort to be in the team. I prefer to lay back and join them upon invitation, no effort to contact them or whatever them cousins always do. Hohoho.. Erm..tapi aneh skali, with my bin/binti Haron's (my mom's side) family saye rase enjoy je mingling around wit my lil cousins coz I got to play the garang-mak-tiri-tapi-kadang2-kena-buli-gak part. Huu..

To make things worse, I don't really know their (dad's side) names and how are we related (means=dier ni pakngah anak sape, anak maklong mane, nak panggil ape.sepupu ke,2 pupu ke kupukupu ke) except my father's siblings and their families je la..Oh..jahatnye saye T_T But Alhamdulillah, my existence is still-known? Takdela rase cam UFO sangat. They know me as anak arwah yan (my dad) and thanks to the gene, my face resembles my dad very much that I don't even have to introduce myself further.


Exclusive old skool pics- credit to Uncle Idham (satu lagi masalah-org panggil dier camtu ke?? ke pak long idham ke..ke ape ke??) my dad's family. Standing L-R = busu (dr aziah), my oh-so-cute dad, mak teh (datin zaiton). Sitting L-R = my granddad (never met him-he passed away in 1970s), my paklong and my grandmom (passed away in 2004)

Errmmm..this topic is quite sensitive actually. If someone/anyone from the family happened to read this post, thousand apologizes. It's just a luahan hati and dun get me wrong, I love all my relatives and am glad to be one of the clan.