Pages

February 28, 2011

Thank you Skype!

Last December, I've finally managed to bring Mak to buy a laptop. She never really owns one, like really for her personal use.


I downloaded Skype and Yahoo Messenger for her laptop. Taught her how to basically use 'em. Since I know how easily she can forget stuffs I put the passwords on a virtual sticky note on her desktop.


Since then, it's easier to talk and "see" Mak in Skype. The very firssssst time we Skyped, she was having trouble to enable her webcam. I had to describe the webcam button with a very simple term "Mak cari yang ada segi empat dengan tiga segi kat depan dia"


Tapi sad to say, now that Mak has Skype, I only talk to her once in 2 weeks. Dulu with regular phone call, I call her almost every weeks! Maybe because I could see her in the webcam so it felt so much closer. Plus Mak only goes online on Skype whenever I texted her.


But today strangely enough suddenly I saw she was online. I only realize it when I about to log off. So I logged in back, check my phone and yes, I got a text from her when I was downstairs having lunch "Nak mintak tolong.Telmak skype"


I called her and she was having problem logging in into her account for some website. Problem is, Abang did all the registration for her and Abang forgot what did he put as Mak's username and password. Typical Mak - benda leceh2 ni malas nak buat! hahaha..


We spent like 50 minutes finding ways to retrieve the username. At last I just told Mak to re-register despite the fact that she kept on saying "ala leceh la Mak ingat haritu banyaakkkk nak tulis kat register tu". I stayed with her one by one, telling her what to put into the address box, convinced her that yes, Malaysia indeed is listed in one of the country and to rewrite her password when they asked her to confirm the password.


Long story short, we managed to retrieve Mak's username when we were trying to reregister her account. Little did I know Mak had texted me about 2 hrs before I realized and called her. Mak was so thankful and she kept saying "nasibla adik ada". Half-joking, half-serious, I took the opportunity and said "hehehe takpela Mak, kalau nak bagi seratus dua ratus euro pun ok jugak" and we burst into big laughs.


Thank you Skype, for turning this 10,998km distance closer.



No comments: