Pages

July 07, 2010

Cranky doctor is cranky

So I've been down with mild diarrhea since I came back from Jakarta. Not a nasty one. Just the one who never let me rest if I consume food. And a lil bit of flu which partly contributes to the reason why I haven't been updating my blog.


The first 2 days I thought...hmm...oklah maybe the system is just cleaning off the dirty things kan..tapi bila it continues till today, it starts to bother me already. So I decided to go to my favourite clinic, Dr Zulkifli of Seksyen 27 :)


I've always been to Dr Z since as far as I could remember. He is a very pleasant doctor. He always greeted us with a big smile on his face. Nice soothing tone. He is good enough that I'd still find him even he moved to a new location already.


Unfortunately today he wasn't in. Dr P was in charge. A woman with her son went in before me and were in the doctor's room for like...less than 5 minutes? I was quite suprised. The nurse finally called my name. I went in, and Dr P hasn't finished blabbering something to her nurse and the few bits that I could caught was "dia datang ni nak mintak MC je kalau semua orang Malaysia macam ni, susah lah"


So she went on asking me, without calling my name, or adik, or cik or something lah she just went on with "sakit apa" in the most unpleasant tone I've ever heard from a Doctor so far. I told her I'm having diarrhea. Without really looking at me, she went on and asked me a few things like whether I vomit or not, whether I bleed or not. I answered no and not sure, lepastu she just scribbled some prescription. I tried to gave in a few information like how long I've been having, I've just got back from Indonesia just in case that could help her within that 2 MINUTES OF CONSULTATION, and ended up being scolded by her because I came to doctor only after 4 days and I didn't observe my feces.


In that 2 minutes I was too shocked to even question why she behaved like that. No eye contacts. A very brief history taking. Not even giving chance for me to ask or something. Gua nak cerita pasal flu pun tak tercerita. Gua dalam kepala nak tanya about a few other things pun tak tertanya. Or maybe is that how doctors are supposed to attend to the patient?


Iono if you are having bad day ke. PMS ke. You are disappointed with the previous patient yang datang nak mintak MC ke apa tapi I thought you are supposed to be professional? Rest assured lepas ni if I see your name on duty at the receptionist I will make sure I tahan segala sakit I am having for Dr Zul.


Now excuse me, I need to go to toilet!

4 comments:

budak _kecik said...

soooo disappointed dengan behaviour doc kat Msia kan..emmm elective taught me a lot and understand why people wanna work abroad...

aziahzuber ialah name saye. said...

omg! i sgt2 takot i jadik seperti doktor yg cranky itu. kerja kt malaysia mmg ade tendency utk jadik begitu. huuu.. risau neh

n Z r A said...

aimi - tau takpe

k.aziah - problem is...ni clinic biase je. kalau hosp kerajaan patient tak henti2 tu understood lah. ni clinic biase..patient pun brapa ketul je..

hatim a.r said...

adakah post ini ditulis di saat menahan tuut?wow.