Pages

February 25, 2008

Viva la Varicella

I struggled about one hour on the bed before I finally woke up today. Little that I know, the struggle was a sign that you are gonna be facing a big, long, emotionally heavy day today. And i'm just half day through it, damnit.

First off I saw this one person I fancy today. And the only thing X gave me was a cold brush look that totally breaks my heart to pieces.

And then I had VARICELLA VACCINATION. It's for chicken pox and it's a live vaccine. Meaning, I may get the chicken pox itself had my immune system failed to produce enough antibody against the live vaccine they injected me.

This is seriously frightening. I can't afford to lose a few days and down with the fever. Let alone be CHICKENPOX fever. I don't have my mommy to take care of me. I am surrounded by busy medic students who hardly have time for themselves. I have exams in the coming few weeks. I have deadlines to catch up =(

I think I'm overreacting. Here's what I Wikipedia-ed :

Vaccination reactions

Common and mild reactions following vaccination may include:

  • Fever of 101.9 (38.9 C) up to 42 days after injection
  • Soreness, itching at the site of injection within 2 days
  • Rash occurring at site of injection anywhere from 8 to 19 days after injection. If this happens you are considered contagious.
  • Rash on other parts of body anywhere from 5 to 26 days after injection. If this happens you are considered contagious.

Fever and discomfort may be lessened by taking medication containing paracetamol (aka acetaminophen, such as Panadol, Tempra, Tylenol) or ibuprofen.


So I may need until 5-8 days before I could see any signs. Ohhhhhh my immune system, toughen up and please please please fight this antigen. I know u are strronggg..


And, crap. I did something bad onto my roomie and now she's pissed off. T_T

SORRY!!!

WHAT I LEARNED TODAY IS, WE SHOULD NEVER TRUST ANYONE. THAT JUST IT. NOT EVEN ONE SINGLE PERSON. NOT EVEN YOURSELF!
and...being a transitional adult is tiring. There's an inner rebellion in yourself that is waiting to explode, yet you have to stay professional and calm through it. U cannot act childish and u cannot be the innocent one.

11 hours to go before tomorrow becomes today. aih..

p/s : i'm such a crap. hari mengdownkan diri bermula. tenkiu!


No comments: