Pages

November 11, 2020

The Cat Is Out Of The Bag

 The news is finally out. Fuh.


I have always wondered the direction of my career. For some reasons, I don't quite see myself growing old at where I am right now. However, I didn't give very much thought about quitting just yet because, well, I don't have valid reasons to do so.


I have been offered the place where I am doing my part time around a year ago? 2 years ago? Been working with her since 2014 on alternate weekends, so I kinda knew the place for a while. When I was offered, I was quite afraid in the beginning. And the offer came again earlier this year....


The place where I work is already the most comfortable place in the whole wide world! An 8-5 job, with stable and increasing income every year.. I get to do a little bit more stuff from the gahmen clinic. And this recent year, I get to do something more of my passion - fitness related stuff which I won't get to do at somewhere else, I think. I get to go places I won't go by myself, doing things I wouldn't think I would do. But I did. And it was such a good experience.


SO why would I leave this place? Well, when things get too comfortable, I begin to question about MY CAREER. The degree that I worked for 5 years. It is going stagnant at the moment. I looked around. My friends - where are they right now, and I tend to compare myself. I began to question myself. I am not married yet. My career is at plateau phase. What have I achieved in this 33 years?


Moreover when the world is hit with the pandemic, my job was pretty..useless. I wanted to help, I wanted to do more. I do get a little bit of chance to do little things, but it is too little too late as I have started to give deeper consideration to quit. 


I have made istikharah. Asked around for opinions. Researched a bit. Made some calculations for my commitments because my pay is commission-based with basic that is not as stable as what I get right now. And finally am ready to go out of my comfort zone. Taking this big leap of faith.


It is scary. Full of uncertainties. Tapi tak cuba tak tahu kan. At least with the new job insyaAllah, I get to do more, and my voices are heard 😄

No comments: