Pages

November 05, 2020

Oh My EYES

Last few days I noticed my vision started to become blurry, and it started to worry me. I have been using spectacles since I was 8 so I know the difference between increased power and something..unusual.


So I made an urgent appointment with the ophthalmologist at a private center. Could have gotten an appointment at Sungai Buloh but my problem was getting a tad too annoying. Nak drive pun a bit terganggu sebab blur. Drive malam pun teruk with the lights and all. My eyes also became extra teary.

 
Had a thorough checkup, given a few solutions for the examination, including the liquid that dilates my pupils. Thank God I brought a driver because my vision was so blurry for at least 3 hours I think. Turns out, I have a very, very dried eyes that the surface of my eyes is gritty. Something called punctate epithelial erosions. The tears I produced lacked of mucous. I have also developed some sort of allergy to contact lens, which is pretty normal for someone who has been wearing it for a very long time. 


So I have to be off contact lens for at least a month ( 3 months optimum actually but I'd like the least option :P) and was given 2 types of eyedrops. One which I have to use 2 hourly. Had to fork out a hefty amount for the checkup though, sedikit sedih tapi tulah, beli beskal boleh takkan dengan diri sendiri pun berkira kan. Kakaka..


My vision is still blurry. There are some good days, some bad days la. Like yesterday, it was okay in the morning, but later towards the end of the days it starts to be blurry. I need to rest my eyes more. But today, it is blurry even from the morning. Just hoping it does not get too severe later today. It is okay if I don't have to work because I don't have to "use" my eyes too much (for driving, etc). 


Semoga penglihatanku kembali pulih seperti sediakala. Aminn..

No comments: