Pages

August 07, 2011

Potluck : The tradition continues...

Every year, my mom's siblings, will make an effort to gather around and have a potluck-style break fast. My mom has 7 brothers and 5 sisters, so that make them altogether 13..Yesterday, the tradition continues :)


Mak Pah was the first to arrive because mom asked for her help to make kerabu. Around 430pm MakPah's family was already at my home. As usual, Mak Pah transformed into her kitchen attire and started to make her wonders. I, on the other hand took Mira, my cousin to the bazaar Ramadhan at Alam Megah because I suddenly wanted a kuih tepung pelita. That was my first time to Bazaar because I've been restraining myself from going....takut tergoda iman :P


Lepastu around 630pm more and more people start to come. We spread the table cloth on the floor and divided the dishes to 3 portions.

The food : Mi goreng, Sambal udang petai , Daging salai masak lemak  Sayur goreng , Ayam masak kicap 

Soon after the Azan, the atmosphere turned into silence, mainly because everyone was busy concentrating on the delicious food in front of them.


The list of the food involved yesterday :

  • Solok ikan - by Cikpi and CikImah. My personal favourite!
  • Ikan masak sweet and sour - by Cikkam and Cikwa
  • Ikan bakar - by Uncle Halimi and Aunty Wan
  • Ayam masak kicap - by MakPah and Uncle Mazlan
  • Mi goreng - by Mak and CikKam/Cikwa
  • Sambal udang petai - by MakLimah and Uncle Azhar
  • Daging salai masak lemak - by Maktip and Uncle Kamal
  • Sayur goreng - by Maksemah and Uncle Dib
  • Kerabu daun selom - by Makpah and Mak
  • Apam polkadot - by Kakdiah
  • Murtabak and tepung pelita - by bazar ramadhan Alam Megah :P
  • Pengat pisang - by Makpah
Gitu..anak-cucu Haji Haron ni memang bab makan memang juara :P hahaha...


Dividing the food

All set to be eaten

Start to take places

Moment of silence :P
May the tradition continues, as long as possible. Amiin.

2 comments:

A.R.E.L.E.E.Z.A.F.F.E.N.D.Y said...

giler bnyk menu! bestlah! lapor ah kak tau! hu3.. t'inginnye nak mkn daging salai masak lemak tuh. tsk3..

nurul ain said...

oh my,miss my mak's ayam kicap...:)