Pages

December 16, 2010

The day I become an unlucky and lucky woman

Salam and Hi everyone..


NO...I'm not home..YET. Saya kat Amsterdam. Haishk panjang ceritanya..Let me explain bit by bit.

Welcome to Amsterdam

tapi sampai2 semua kedai2 kat airport dah tutup T__T


My flights were supposed to be from Cork - Amsterdam with Aer Lingus, 65 minutes transit in Amsterdam, another flight from Amsterdam to Singapore with KLM, 2hrs transit, and another flight from Singapore to KL with Malaysia Airlines. I am supposed to arrive in KLIA 7.15pm, Thursday.


Unfortunately, the flight from Cork to Ams was delayed for 40 minutes, leaving me about 25 minutes transfer time, which is kinda ridiculous. But I still keep this tiny hope for miracle to happen. Once I touched down Schipol Airport I sped off to the boarding gate with a boarding pass that has no seat number. Turned out, I was on the waiting list as the flight was overbooked. There were 6 people in the waiting list including me and 5 of them managed to secure a place, leaving me alone.


I was mad. I was tired. I was disappointed. I cried.


The KLM staff brought me to the office to arrange my new flight. I didn't expect this would happen to me. Miracle does happen eh? Alhamdulillah rezeki..I am rebooked to another flight tomorrow at 12pm with Malaysia Airlines. I am staying in Mercure Hotel about 10 minutes and they provided dinner as well as tomorrow's breakfast. They also gave me some compensation money, a discount voucher for their flight and 5 minutes call credit to call home.


I told Mak and she said this is a blessing in disguise. Yes it is indeed! My checked in luggage is still in airport so I'm very much lack of "resources" here. Luckily I have my laptop, charger and travel adapter with me in the hand luggage! Moreover Oh em geeeee orang-orang hotel dia semua jambu2 noks. Dahlah friendly! hihihihi...


apsal la dia tak kasi duduk kat Sheraton kee :P



while waiting for the Shuttle to the hotel

the bed. so big but I'm all alone :(

the dinner provided. vegetarian pizza



my hand luggage. my saviour. hehe


I lost 15 hours time in Malaysia.
But I get to sleep in a hotel and get some other good stuff as well.
Alhamdulillah.

Doakan perjalanan saya esok hari ye. I'm leaving with 12pm flight tomorrow :)

5 comments:

budak _kecik said...

have a safe journey! GOOD LUCK..

AfIqAh^^AiSyAh said...

wow! what an experience! i hope ur doing well there. and enjoy ur holz in msia lalink! =P

dialicious said...

i heard the compensation is good n somebody is going to get herself an ipad out of that money heh...best gileeee!!dahla 1 hari je delay!

n Z r A said...

aimi : thanks :)

fiqah : thanks darlll!

kdiah : heeeeeee :))

cik-kam said...

huhh?? mau tak kecut perut dik.. sib baik arrived safely even rugi 15hrs.. tak dapek den nak nolong.. huhu.. anyway, enjoy every bit of your holiday beb! silalah datang rumah.. sarah malia tgh bosan kat rumah tuh..