Pages

November 24, 2010

HIS-STORY


Today in the clinic I did history taking and examination for a patient that I met for the first time. Since it was so early in the morning my brain couldn't gather proper and better sentence to explain what I am gonna do with him and ended up saying "Okay Mr G, today I'm gonna take your history and do some examination of your mouth"


He might be just friendly or he might have taken it wrongly coz boy, he really unveiled his-story, non stop. What he did in past. How he started to smoke pipe. How many countries he's been. Which country is the best. Which country is the worst. Which country has a lot of nasty people. Why he thinks some war are unnecessary. How many daughters he has. Where do they live. What's his wife doing now. He went on and on and on but I couldn't really understand it because well, he somehow had this weird French-ish accent and he has....no teeth. lol.


I didn't know how to respond exactly coz I couldn't really catch what he was saying, nor could I stop him. A lot of time I was nodding, shaking, giving oohss, aaahsss, laughed when he did so, *gave an awkward pause*, and continued taking the history before he started with another story of his life.


Story of my life. Bile tah telinga ni nak hebat tangkap orang cakap English lelaju and speak a very good and comprehensible English. *sighhhhh



On another note, I really hope I could rediscover my so-called "talent with kids". I used to be so good with kids, kan Cik Kam kan??? But now that I started paeds, I slowly begin to develop uncomfortable feelings toward them. Sebabnya they are very hard to treat, and the fact that my supervisor, Dr C is one hell of a hmmmm "student-unfriendly-guy". Giving out to us is his special talent.


Cepat la baby keluar! Aunty can't wait to meet yaaaa!

No comments: