Pages

September 15, 2010

Just keep swimming, just keep paddling



Gosh, I miss being a frequent blogger. Gone already the days where I can spend like 20-30 minutes yapping yapping things that I feel/going through daily. Nowadays I'd be spending 8.30-5.30 at school and when I'm back home, I'd be too tired to write anything or too busy sorting out things.


It's been my second week of being a 4th year and things have started to be clear bit by bit. Not that much, but at least there are improvements. I've been seeing more patients and I've been making more and more mistakes but hey, I'm learning, ya? Making mistakes are common, ya?


The thing that people don't quite understand what's so tiring about being a dental student can't really be explained well. Normal patient-doctor/med student life would be going for ward rounds checking patients that is already being classified what's wrong with them. The patients are there, lying around waiting to be treated. In short, the patients come to them. As opposed to that, we have to get our own patients from the waiting list, we've to ring them, asking whether they are available to come for treatment, make sure they come for the treatment and be prepared for disappointments in case they didn't turn up. It has to be done every week and it's so frustrating if we couldn't get a patient for certain slot coz that would cause us a requirement. Yeap, that's another concern - the REQUIREMENTS. They are a lot, and they haunt most of our lives T___T


Anywaysss I'd say I've been getting interesting patients so far. One of them used to be an alcoholic, has had his pituitary gland removed and had rheumatic fever. He's quite old but he's wants to start off a new life with his teeth, if you know what i mean. He's quite determined to take care of whatever left in his mouth but the teeth prognosis are quite poor. Let's hope I could do something for him. The patient I had this morning she has quite a few problem. She has anxiety, depression, schizo and has a few suicide attempts before. But with treatments and supports of medications, she has seen the silver lining in the cloud and has started to take life positively.


The lesson I learned from my patients are, never give up wherever/whatever life has drove you to. Sure you are disappointed, you are tired and you wish things don't go that certain ways, but why would you make it worse? Eh eh tibe2 emosional plak. Hahaha..


Oklah sebnanye stress ni I can't find my old glasses. The one that I'm using now to post this entry has higher power and it'll give me headache soon. Have a nice day my dear blog reader (if I still have any) and selamat berusaha start puasa 6. I'm yet to start anyway. I'm busy sorting out my life and being hungry sometimes doesn't help. lol. padahai dulu time puasa ok jaaaa...Terimalah gambar raya ketiga dari saya..heheheh


No comments: