Pages

September 24, 2010

Don't drink...or mouthwash(?) and drive

Awwwww second posts in a week, that's a pretty good start innit? Well, I am in a good mood today coz I had a fairly uncomplicated patient this afternoon.


The day started pretty rough as my patient came into the clinic an hour late. Apparently she's been waiting in a wrong room for almost an hour before she finally found her way up to the restorative clinic. At first I was slightly happy (haha!) that I won't need to do any fillings today. I know, right teruk kan? People will usually be disappointed if the patient did not turn up tapi saya happy plak. Heheh.


I was a bit nervous when I treated my morning patient. I had to put IRM in her tooth and I've never used that material before. It hardens fairly quickly and it was so hard to tuck it into patient's cavity. Did not get to do any fillings today but I have about 3-4 fillings to be done on her later. *phewhh*


Later on that day I had a patient. He works with a tv station and he has quite a bad gingiva recession. Something that looked like this :-






He is currently put under a perio maintenance "program" and I was supposed to do some cleaning on his teeth. He even had a splint - something that was put on the crown of the anterior 6 of his teeth to keep them together. I was so afraid to touch the gum coz I didn't want the teeth to fall out or something. Seriously like the gingival recession is so severe that I could see the furcation of the root. But thank God he was such a nice and easy patient. He was so patient with me and the way he thanked me made me felt so good. When I was scaling him he even fell asleep okay. Kadang-kadang saya saja blow the air supaya dia terbangun. wakakaka jahat gila saja je nak testtt dia tido ke dia penat bukak mulut lama-lama. hahahhahaa..


As I was taking his history, he shared an interesting story with me about a mouthwash. Do y'all know that most mouthwash sold in the market contains alcohol as it was supposed to give a cleaning effect in the oral cavity. So there's this one time a jockey went through a "breathing test" using a breathalyzer before a race. He failed the test twice eventhough he has given up alcohol for a few years. That was then they realized it was because of the mouthwash. So unfortunate right, sia-sia je tak dapat bertanding sebab cuci mulut. haha..


All in all I think I'd prefer older Irish people than the young ones. Their old people are very nice and so pleasant looking and they are friendlier. Tapi tapi tapi next week I will get a really old patient. Like 77 or something. tsk...hopefully we could communicate well.


I've got a once in a lifetime (of 4th yr) Friday morning off tomorrow. I'm so happyyyyyy can watch Glee tonight yeayyyyyy

2 comments:

anak abah said...

hahaha..
1st..part xmo sentuh gum tym scaling tkot gigi tcabut tu lawak okay..tp xmo gelakkn ah tkot nnti nadia pon same je..
next..esok free pagi??jeles!!!im the most unfortunate okeh,kelas pagi ptg ari jumaat.pfft~ org blik hari jumaat bley guling2,nadia balik ptg jumaat collapse.hoho..

sttment suke irish tua dari org muda tu i'm 100% agree!!

*facebook is currently down again so nadia spam comment box blog akak.. :P *

n Z r A said...

hari ni je dekk cuti jumaat. next week dah penoh balik. sighhhhhhhh