Pages

May 16, 2009

May 15th - scarryOSCE

Penat sangat hari ni :(

Entry today is divided into 2 parts. One is dedicated for my OSCE for my reference and for my juniors' reference in the future. Gagaga...

I was up at 6. Slept quite late the nite before as I was still busy panicking skimming through the notes. Seriously, I was so playful and didn't really prepare for this exam.

10.25am I left home to CUH. berdegup jantungku hanya tuhan yang tahu~~

10.45am met Jo Lin and we waited at Prosthetic teaching lab

11.35am our turn, finally

My first ever so-called OSCE

19 stations. 2 resting station.

Stations for dental material includes detecting error in alginate and zinc phospate mixing. Then there was statements on zinc phospate, fuji IX and zinc hydroxide cements. Menjawab soalan ini buat beta rasa seperti tidak pernah belajar bahasa Inggeris langsung kerana adalah begitu sangap sekali mahu mengeluarkan ayat2 procedure dalam bahasa Inggeris..suckaaaa....harap2 guru2 saya memahami ayat yang berbaur belitan itu +__+

Behavioural Science stations - ada 2. we have to fill in the blanks...of which I totally screwed. Big time, like...blanks = blank. One on chronic pain..another one on Biopsychosocial behaviour model. Gaaahh....big time suckerrrr

Ethics and Law. Dr KD was such a big help. He was in one of the 2 law stations and kept on giving hints. You are the best Dr KD! First station was on confidentiality issue on a pilot, who has an epileptic fit. Second case was kinda complicated. A girl, who is pregnant asked me the dentist to keep her pregnancy a secret, and the one who is responsibled behind the pregnancy is her mother's boyfriend who is HIV positive and just recently released from the jail. Like..waddaaaa...

There was a station on scaling instrument. Scale upper left 7, mesially and subgingivally. Gua hentam je guna Gracey curette 11/12. Gaaa...harap2 betul

One station on cross infection control...on the protective barriers and how to dispose the waste used..Okay so she laid down the things on the table. Ada cotton swap, ada the tools, cup, glove, mask etc..

One station on library wtf. Questions on STEPS TO SET UP LIBRARY RECORD. HOW TO SEARCH A BOOK. HOW TO DOWNLOAD A JOURNAL. wtf wtf wtf!!!

One station on smoking cessation. Tak sempat nak betulkan jawapan. Warghhh tension. Effect after quitting smoke. another one tak ingat..

One station on TOOTHBRUSH skali lagi wtf. and another one on needle stick injury. Dua-dua gua hentam dengan jayanya. Gaaaahhhh I'm sooooooooooooooo dead!!!!

One station on CPR. Upon stepping into the room then only I realised..OMG IT'S HIM. THE ONE WHO HATES US THE DENTAL STUDENTS SO MUCH!!!! gaaaaahhhh....time tu baru gua cuak gile beb. But thank God he was nice today. Tak PMS kot...gagaga...and I was lucky the dummy's chest rose up when I urmm..did the CPR. It wasn't during our practice y'know that's why I'm so scareddddd...

Okay the highlight of all - the communication station. Situation : a lady, has appointment at 9. Reached clinic since 845am but only get to meet the dental student (me) at 1030am (delayed 1.5 hours) So she was one angry patient who didn't stop blabbing on how angry she was. Mind you this is my first OSCE ever. Dah tentu gua kalut kan. I kept on apologizing..Reka cerita baekkkk punya. Siap kata ada power cut kat lab lah. Communication breakdown between receptionist ngan dental team lahh...wahhhh..pastu tak abes kata sorry sorry sorry...gagaga....cuak gilllerrrr..

At 1pm our torture finally ended.

..to be continued at Part 2.

No comments: