Pages

August 12, 2008

McGyverina

Yesterday was supposed to be another typical day of my life. I woke up late. Had my breakfast. Went upstairs to check up interesting online things. Went downstairs to watch olympic til noon. Watched Made of Honour.

But not until something happened to MacBabe that I nearly lost myself to anger. I was about to watch the pirated dvd movie 21. Inserted the dvd and waited. But nothing came off. And I heard the dvd sounded weird inside. Here's the thing about MacBabe that I'm quite worried of. The disk is inserted without having the usual pop out thingy. Errr..if u know what I mean. Simply said the disk is stuck inside MacBabe and it didn't have any "physical" eject button thingy. I must admit I was taking a foolish step by plugging it off coz the moment I re-started MacBabe the screen went on blank with annoying sound of the disk inside.

I tried to be patient and tried to seek help from abang's computer but the internet was behaving bloody stupid yesterday. I switched off and turn on the router and segala whatnots yang mengconnectkan internet a few times but it still failed to connect. Before I lost my sense and started to abuse MacBabe I decided to sleep early last nite.

I was up very early today. Tried to dig the disks out using ruler. Failed. Trying my luck with the net and luckily it went okay today. Googled the solution. Tried few steps. And finally, ahhh...macbabe is back on me. I even thinked of going to Lowyatt this morning. Nasib tak pergi lagi!

So to Mac users here's a few steps u can try on if a cd/dvd stuck :

1. If you have a mouse, or mighty mouse, reboot the MacBook, press and hold the mouse click.

2. If you don’t have a mouse, you can press and hold the trackpad/touchpad button. It’s the same method as above but this is for people who don’t have a mouse.

3. Since the disc is being read in an infinite loop, you can try using a small cardboard or even a name card and stick it in until it touches the disc to stop it from reading. Press the Eject key few times. An example of a good cardboard is a battery pack cardboard.

4. Some people had success in leaving the MacBook turned on for around 10 minutes. It will eventually boot up and the stuck CD/DVD will automatically eject.

5. One final method is to tilt the MacBook 45 degrees forward and pressing the eject key.

As for my case, I was using a combination of step 3 and 5 when finally the dvd came out! Phewww~

Anyway here's a recipe of my favourite drink - lime assam boi. I loved em very much that everytime I go out, I would search for this drink. Rather than wasting my RM4.90 in Laksa Shack or RM4.50 in Only Mee just to get this drink, I asked mom to buy a juice extractor so I can do it myself at home.Very easy breasy beautiful covergirl one. You can even do it while watching Brazil against Russia on tv!

Ingredients : limau kasturi, asam boi, sugar, water
Tools : knife, chopping board, juice extractor

Cut off the limau kasturi and remove the seeds. The seeds will make the drink bitter.


Get everything ready. Heat some amount of water.


Extract the limau kasturi juice.


Take 4 erm..bijis (LOL) of assam boi and immerse them in boiled water. Put some sugar in it (adjust according to ur preference)


Take out the extracted juice


Pour some water and ice.


Enjoy the drink!

1 comment:

redza said...

ouh. patutla ada dvd 21 atas meja. gunala dvd player kat bawah tu...
.. student life... what a bliss!!..