Pages

March 30, 2008

Cork Games disaster

The day started with a heavy rain. And all of us were kinda worried. But we moved on like nothing happens. Bajet semangat kesukanan la~

The game went on. And we lost the first game. The day got worst. Light storm it was. It had to be stopped several times. Until our second match against the Galway girls..

We played as usual. I took my GS position. The enthusiasm has reduced to 50% already but we played the game for the sake of err...playing the game. Until something happened..

A collision happened between me and one other girl. I fell down and I knew my knee was twisted coz it hurts like hell. So I laid down on earth and kept on shouting "sakettttt...lutut saye sakettttt"

They thought it was a normal cramp. Not until they seen my retarded twisted knee cap. My patella was dislocated laterally. At that time I was so nervous thinking how are they going to handle this extra heavyweight me to the side....so I kept on ranting and ranting...*sigh* One of my nitemare materialised.

They convinced me to let them lift me. I tried to walk. But it hurts like $£^$(@ so I gave up. They lifted me up out from the court and I tried to stand by myself but failed and I passed out a little while while waiting for the AMBULANCE to come. My 1st ride by ambulance. 15-20 mis later the paramedics came. Asked me what happened and stuff. Lifted me to the ambulance. Took my blood pressure. IV dripped me with morphine. 3 doses of them if I'm not mistaken since I kept on rating the painfulness scale 8 and 7. Hehehehh..They were so nice. Paul and Jen. My hands were so cold that they took sometime before they put on morphine on me. My blood pressure also was so low at that time.

I reached CUH later. Nida accompanied me. I was put on the "laughing gas" that made me felt more lightheaded. I was brought to Accident & Emergency department. It was kinda crowded that time but luckily I didn't have to wait long until I was treated. The doctor sedated me so I didn't realize how and when did they relocated my patella. Nida said the doctor even had to think and pause a while when he was relocating my patella. All I knew after I open my eyes again was I was all wrapped with this black thingy and the pain didn't go away either.

I was put on NaCl and oxygen so I had to wait for sometime before I was released. Called my mom but guess she didn't get the real idea but she did sounded worry by the way. Approx at 4.15pm I was released from A&E and Mr Muizz was already waiting for me outside. I had to rely on the walking stick!!!!!!! I am partially handicapped and it was so hard to walk on the walking stick!!!!!!!!!!

When I fell all I think was how are they going to lift me up. No other worrisome problem. But now that I've to lay still on the bed and rely on the walking stick. It is so hard even to go to pee and I seriously felt like breaking down. Man..it's so hard...and painful too :(

My team and I when I collapsed outside the court. Managed to pull a smile..

My dislocated patella. Cacats!!


At the treatment room. They cut my pants off!!! Waaa.....rosak my favourite sluar!!!!

The x-ray room. Didn't realize when did they take my x-ray and all..
High on morphine and sedated. Been put on oxygen..
My leg..for the next few weeks. :(

Tell me how am I gonna go on my holiday. How am I gonna take my flights? How am I gonna push my bag while struggling to bring up myself from one place to another. *sigh*

My next appointment with the orthopaedic is on Wednesday and I'm gonna leave Cork on Thursday. Hope things will get better somewhere in between...I'm gonna be staying in senior's house since I'm not fit enuff to walk up the stairs in my apartment..

Thanks Paul & Jen for the kindness. Thanks Nida for accompanying me and gathering up my things. Thanks Muizz for the ride. Thanks Dayah for giving up ur room. Thanks everyone for the concern... :)

COBAAN...~

No comments: