Pages

March 23, 2008

Blarney Castle

My second day of holiday.....not bad at all =) We went to Blarney Castle (20 minutes bus ride from Cork City)

But the day started with such a bad tragedy. I slept at Wany's apartment and went back to my room to change and I found A GUY IN MY ROOM. Now I'm not the one who made her promise but SHE PROMISED ME SHE WON'T BE BRINGING ANY GUY INTO THE ROOM. And she broke it. And I pissed off. Now tell me where should I get my privacy? Do I not wear my tudung only when I'm bathing?

Moving on... I won't let the tragedy put off my mood today. Woke up in the morning. Help Wany with some stuff. Pity her something bad happened and she missed her flight to Brussels. So they went to Amsterdam instead. Packed up the rice and went to Nida's house.

Cork City under the sunlight. Erm..cantek jugak..

Went to Blarney castle, one of the attraction in county Munster. It was built 600 years agoby one of Ireland's greatest chieftain, Cormac MacCarthy.

Signboard to Blarney Castle
The waterstream. Besh rase nak celup kaki jer..
The castle. It was destroyed on 1446 and subsequently rebuilt by MacCarthy.
The journey to the top was nervewracking. The steps are so narrow that it fitted only one feet. And it was steep too. Plus it was so windy despite the sunlight. And we had to rely on the STEEL handle to get up there. So can you imagine how freakin cold it was holding onto a steel handle??? Kebas-kebas tangan!

Up on the top of the tower was the legendary Stone of Eloquence. Kiss it and you'll never again be lost for words. A must-go place for debaters and bloggers neh! ehehhehe...And I kissed it! How? Wait until the last photo..
By the garden's area. Very palace-like castle. Stylo!
The tower and the watch tower.

We had a picnic by the river. So refreshing! And cold too. Brought along nasi lemak and cekodok (typical Malay picnic food) hehehe...

And this is it the moment when I was kissing the stone of Eloquence...

Me : OMG. Will I get killed kissing on the stone?
Pakcik-pegang-orang : No love, how would you get killed
*shades saya JATUH coz I hung it on my sweater*
Me : Oh my shades! Where is it where is it???
Pakcik-pegang-orang : It just went 100 metres down to the ground. Now do u see the lady there *pointing to one lady who picked up my shades and put it on the rock*
Me : Oh yes..
Pakcik-pegang-orang : Now that is where he put your shades. Now go down and get them now..


Positioned upside-down to kiss the stone. Crazy!!! And I wasted 10euro for the photograph. Arghhh giler membazir tak?!?!!? Takpelah...sekali seumur hidup.....

All in all it was such a great breakaway. Even only for few hours, I feel relieved :) I might be going to Dublin tomorrow. Staying here will only drive me crazy. And I don't want to lose my sanity earlier than expected. Heeeee....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

erk nad..my 1st patient for my family attachment was 89 y.o lady from blarney..she told me that the stone in blarney castle tu, ade org kencing2...i dont know whether its true or not buttttttt..ngeeee...