Pages

May 15, 2017

Battling Hormonal Acne

So...here's an attempt to write again. Alhamdulillah, I think I'm almost at the end of my battle with acne. Around 3-4 months ago I had a bad breakout around my jawline area. It was the time that I don't want to relive again, especially when I already battled one when I was 11-13 years old. 


My breakout was more of a hormonal-related rather than skincare related, I supposed. Or it could be a combination but the affected area and the timing of the breakout kind of suit the hormonal cause more. It could be a mix of withdrawal effect of my skincare tho but I strongly feel that the messed up hormone contributed more. I was sent to panic mode for a while, Alhamdulillah I have been blessed with normal spots and quite okay skin for quite some time so this breakout really frustrated me. To make things worse, I had a few stressful events during the breakout..


 Since 2012, I started using TbT, it did wonder to my face, but at some point it just doesn't have effect on my anymore,so I stoppped. I tried Tt. With heightened awareness level on dangerous skincare nowadays, I stopped using Tt because it contains harmful material, but I already weaned off the skincare here and there, even before the breakout. 


I tried a few other products, back to my ol normal facewash, Ntrgn, tried Mjr, went for facial treatment but none of them do wonder to my face. 


So I did a little research here and there. And I tried... Alhamdulillah it worked!


I used Tt facial wash for a few days, and only the night cream, because although it contain hydroquinone, a certain amount of it actually been used by doctors to treat facial problem. But I only used on the affected area..for a few nights. Active acnes started to resolve. 


At the same time I looked out for facial wash containing AHA/BHA, found Hada Labo facial wash and started using them. No bad reactions to the new facial wash so I continued until now..


So here's my skin during the breakout on pic 1 and pic 2..pic 3 is after I  used Tt for few days..




And this is me, recently. Scars here and there but definitely better than before!




I've been reading more and more about skincare regimes and it sure require a lot of effort and $$$$$. I used to drink Tj collagen and it worked well with me but it's a bit costly so I stopped. To spend 200 every months is a little bit too much, in my opinion.


So to wrap it up,


  • My current skincare routine : Hada Labo facial wash. Hada Labo hydrating lotion which I just started. Biore sunblock - I really like the texture unlike other sunblock which leaves your skin greasy. 
  • Mjr - because it claimed to be organic so I don't think it can do much for a problematic skin. Will try it again when my skin is better. I like the facial oil though
  • Weekly facial mask. Started that routine too. So far so good. Currently using Innisfree's
  • Need to buy Tj collagen when I have extra $$$. Money is tight now I have a few things going on, which I will share one day.

My next target is to go for glowy, face with nice complexion...ahh gitu. Will need more meticulous regime and of course more $$$ so let's hope time and money permits!


Til next time...

No comments: