Pages

November 02, 2011

Of creating a should-not-be-a-problem problem

Hi all. First of all, I hope none of you will judge me after reading this phone. Eceyh risau plak apa orang kata. Eceyh ade ke orang baca blog ni lagi. Eceyh banyak plak eceyh.


I have this weird problem with phones. Almost every year, I must change to a new phone. No matter how attached I am to that phone, when the time comes, I started to get itchy and will search around for new phone.


I've been a loyal Nokia user ever since my first ever 3210 phone back in 2002. Last year, I kind of accidentally bought a 2nd hand BB from eBay and has been loving the phone since I started using it. I developed my loyalty towards BB....until the recent outage with the blackberry network around Europe/Mid East/US which got me thinking, a BB without it's BIS is just, a dumbphone (quoting Atiqah Mahmood's tweet)


Now...the time has come for another phone and I'm having this major (?) dilemma of what should be my next phone. Before the BB outage I was all geared up for the new Bold 9900. Post-BB-problem, I'm left with thousand of uncertainties..confusion..


First of all, I love BB. The keyboard is a major factor here. I loathe touch screen phones. It's either my fingers are too fat for it or I simply love the idea of pressing the keypads you know..to type words. I used to have Nokia 5600 which is a combination of touchscreen and keypad phone and I kinda stopped texting with people for about a year....unless it's really important. Yup, it's THAT bad. Plus I get to reply text messages while I'm driving with those magnificent keypads.


Second of all, I'm gonna miss BBM - the ever great exclusive BB users only instant messaging system. I have few close friends in my BBM list that I can bug when I'm bored. I'm also in the BBM group consisting my ex schoolmates who sometimes went cuckoo and started talking rubbish but I still love them anyway. Sometimes I woke up in the morning to cute pics of my niece whom I'm missing badly from my sis-in-law in the BBM. Sometimes she changed her profile picture with my niece's pic, of which sometimes I stole and saved it in my phone. I know, we have Whatsapp but it's..just not the same.


The major drawback of having BB is it is pretty much a less fun-er phone as oppose to iphone and androids, application wise. That's why it became a dumb phone when the internet service is gone because no BBM, no twitter, no whatsapp. Plus it has No cool games (like angry bird :P), No rubbish farting apps etc. Sebagai orang berjiwa muda, this is quite a drawback lah :P


Another plus point of having a non-BB-smartphone is having Skype in the phone. Which made it easier if were to contact anyone from home when I'm away from the laptop. I must say, if the Bold 9900 has Skype and some fun photo editing app it would make my decision much easier.


I think if I were in Malaysia right now, I would definitely go for BB. Coz I drive a lot so I would prefer a keypad-phone. My families and close friends are around me so there is no necessity for Skype. I will be spending time in the mall, in the car, with the family with the friends so there is no need to dedicate my life to playing with phone apps. Plus I know my LFU (love friendship unite, SMSS 0004) bros would be nagging on staying with BB. Haha..


But now that I'm here, I would love to have Skype on my phone to communicate with those who are thousand miles away from me. I kind of does my stuff alone more (like going to class, shopping etc) so having a fun phone would be a major plus point here.


I give myself til the 8th of November to make decision oh em gee helppppppppppppp.


Oh yeah it's a BB vs iPhone coz the Droids came from all sorts of manufacturer which made it even more confusing. Plus, I don't like the design of most of the phones. Heheh..

1 comment:

A.R.E.L.E.E.Z.A.F.F.E.N.D.Y said...

ah kak baru pakai nokia c3. xt'kejorlah gadget2 nih! asal nak kejor jer.. semputt.. hu3..