Pages

April 30, 2011

Stressun stressudin

One down, loads more to go.


To me the OSCE was quite tough. The station I disliked the most was the second scenario patient. She was one tough patient and the situation is quite difficult to explain mainly because I myself can't quite come out with the layman terms. You know when you have to explain with simpler words for your patient. Nak cerita "canal perforated palatally" pun susah padahal cakap je lah berlubang ke ape. Plus the patient was the lecturer. I think it's not fair because she knows how to corner us and everything. The first scenario patient was not that easy but at least the patient was a lot better.


Another thing to be worried about was the radiology stations. Loads of anatomy! The last time we did anatomy was 2 years ago. The first station was still okay, like identifying landmarks on the skull. Out of 10 at least I can answer  4-5 with confidence. Then came the second station, identifying features from radiograph. 10 landmarks of which I can't answer any with confidence.


Surprisingly the LA station was quite hard too. Like, you would think it's a small portion of the subject and you thought you knew everything but NO, you just don't! There were 3 situations of which you have to come out with 3 answers. So kira ada 9 jawapan la kena kasi. I think I left 3-4 blanks coz I just don't know.


The only stations that I think I did okay was extraction and law (surprise surprise!). Lain semua I don't know.


I don't know, I just don't. What I know this has seriously pull down my confidence. It's bad because this is only the first of many. Kalau sekarang pun dah down how to deal with the others.


I'm taking a break for one day and hoping tomorrow to be a better day.

No comments: