Pages

March 30, 2011

TALK MORE

I have to admit despite being here for about 4 years my spoken English isn't really good. Dalam blog pun ayat tunggang langgang apatah lagi time bercakap ye dok?


So this few weeks I've been having loads and loads of stuff that required me to talk more. OK history and exam and treatment with patient is another thing lah.I'm talking about stuff like Viva examination, pros clinical exam, perio clinical exam, tutorial. The thing is I'm just not that confident to speak out loud. I always get tongue-tied and brain-freeze each time I'm being questioned in front of more than 1 people.


Scenario #1 - Pros clinical exam. I had to explain why I did such and such design. I know why I did, I just don't know how to put it into words....and my favourite phrase was "how do I say this..". Trust me I repeated the phrase multiple times. But I'm lucky Dr L believed me and I got a good marks. At one point he patted my shoulder and said "I know you know this. You just need to practice"


Scenario #2 - In the middle of the pros exam (Scenario #1) Dr B my tutorial-group supervisor was watching me from afar. At one point he came nearer to see what I was doing, laughed and went away. After the exam I went to the nurse's room to get some stuff and Dr B came to me and said ''TALK MORE, don't be afraid just talk more" We then chatted a bit about some stuff and I became more comfortable with him.

The next day I tried my best to accept his "challenge" and talked.....once in the tutorial. LOL. He was so glad that his face changed. All eyes were on me but I just went on anyway. Well, that was a good start innit? OK Dr B I'll work harder and TALK MORE in the future. I'll do my best )


Scenario #3 - Orthodontics and Paediatrics viva examination. It's an exam and my examiners were the head of respected departments, the Profs. I was so so nervous because I've never quite seen they smile before. A lot of time in the exam, I kinda let out a small laugh and smile whenever I'm being questioned because I'm just too nervous. I hope they didn't take it wrongly as if I was making fun of them or something.



Sighhhh. I have case presentation in May and another clinical exam to go. Really really need to brush up them skill more.


1 comment:

anak abah said...

that dr.b is scaaaaaaaaary for me.sobs! i somehow hate being his mentee,feel like being observed all the time..sobs

tpi good luck akak! go go membebel!