Pages

March 10, 2011

RRRRoooootiiiiiiiiiiiii

One of the major about living in a place foreign to you, your religion and your race is difficulty getting the food. Halal food,good food to suits the tastebud. Especially if you are Malaysian, where good food are everywhere, anywhere, anytime you want.


A lot of time when we crave for something and the craving needed to be satisfied we would resort to making our own version of the food. Bila duduk sini barulah kau nak belajar buat karipap la nasik kerabu la ayam percik la kalau kat rumah tu kalau teringin memang start kete je lepastu pergi kedai beli.


BUT, as for me this "motivation" to cook this stuff only applies when I'm here. Balik rumah tanyelah Mak pernah ke saya masak. heheh. In my defense I would say I'm just so sick of eating the food that I cook for 10 months so apa salahnya 2 bulan nak merasa air tangan Mak / kedai. Heheheh..Nantilah bila dah balik for good saya rajin2kanlah masak balik slow-slow :P


So yesterday we had fun baking and making our own bread-based food. Well, Adilah got a breadmaker for her birthday so gotta make full use of it yes? It makes your life easier because all you gotta do is to be creative and add up some ingredients to go with the dough. The pictures below would tell ya what we made and I apologize in advance I'm just too lazy to rearrange the photos accordingly!


Pizza! With loaddds of salami and hotdog and cheese!

Sausage roll. Never thought it's so easy to make one! (with the help of the breadmaker, that is)

Raspberry bun. Ala baked pau!

Raspberry bun pre-oven

Sausage roll pre oven


Roti Boy!!! Pre-oven. Trying to be creative with the toppings. lol

The pizza, almost ready!


Today I feel a lil bit sick. The throat is acting up and my head starts to hurt everytime I cough. No temperature but my eyes are starting to feel warmer than usual. At times like this, I wish I'm at home because I normally eat porridge when I'm not well. Less effort mengunyah and it just felt "right" to eat porridge when you are sick. Usually mom will cook for me. Porridge and ayam kicap kari :( Hwaaaaa nak balikkkk

3 comments:

wani ezryl * said...

i also cook cuz i'm far away from home and i dun really fond food frm the kedai here (xsama dgn yg kat shah alammmm). but later it grows and now cooking is part of things that i like to do ^^

n Z r A said...

haha that's good to know! harap2 bile balik nanti dapat la keazaman nak masak sendiri jugak. hihihi.

rindu shah alammmmmm

wani ezryl * said...

me tooooooo waaaa