Pages

March 15, 2010

All England 2010 - The Semi Final

Holla! I just got back from Birmingham, UK. Yes! I witnessed LCW's first All England victory and because I'm so excited that I was there, I'm gonna make 2 posts about this. :P


First off I departed from Cork that Saturday morning. I was told LCW's semi final match is the first to go so I was kinda worried I couldn't make it to the match. Alhamdulillah the journey was smooth. The flight wasn't delayed AT ALL! I arrived Birmingham at about 11.40 and managed to catch up the 11.53am train to Birm New Street. Met Fiqah at Bullring Shopping Centre and took cab to Birmingham National Indoor Arena just on time to watch LCW's match at 12.30.



Witnesssing the game with your own two eyes in the stadium itself is very much different from watching tv.The atmosphere is different. I was quite disappointed that we didn't get a good seat though. But we could still watch the match clearly, cuma kepala je la teleng sikit nak tengok.. In the first match there were one time Chong Wei was left behind by 5 marks like that so it was quite nervewrecking. However once he gripped the opponent's rhythm he didn't stop and won the semi final in straight set.

I bought the pin badge for the sake of the memory and because that's the only thing I could afford. 1pound only ma!


Right after his match, we went out and lingered around the stadium. They were of course booth selling Yonex Badminton equipment and also merchandises. That was then we met the RTM guys and being the publicity crazy we were, one of us asked the guy to take our picture -__-" HAHAHA I know, right..memang gile. So the guy interviewed us, mainly Asma', Fiqah, and Anoura (? - I didn't know how to spell her name, my bad -__-") but I was at the background all the time so I think I might have appeared on the news? After that we had a chit chat with the guy. Haha...orang RTM tu dengan bitternye knows nobody really watch their channel. Sorry lah bang, saya memang tak tengok TV sangat dah, kalau tengok pun berita memang tak la kan. Kitorang dengan konfiden ingin menjaga hati cakap "eh tengokkkk...mana ada tak tengokkk" to which the guy replied with a question "haaa..sapa pengacara berita TV1" HAHAHA memang terdiam lah kan. But I did answer Farid Ismeth, because I don't know why his image is so synonym with RTM. Teringat kat Arwah Tok Haron who would always be watching Dunia Jam 10 back then. :'(




lupe nak rotate - Guinness World Record held by Tan Boon Heong for the fastest badminton hit



Wany and I and the Nottingham girls


Inilah wajah-wajah gila glamer kami :P


Tugu Negara tak jadi


My ticket was "sponsored" by Fiqah. Thank you sooooo much :')


We then had lunch at Shogun, a Japanese Restaurant at The Mailbox and went around to Bullring. But I was deadbroke so I didn't buy anything -___-" Oh ada la I bought jam bodo-bodo because I desperately need a watch since I've lost mine. It costed only 8.50pd okay!


Had this yummy (and expensive) icecream at Morellis. Shared among 4 of us

2 comments:

Along said...

wah bestnye gi tengok live! this is super cool and patriotic too! kudos to u & the other malaysians, konfem proud gila kan?

n Z r A said...

proud gile gile gile punye proud! lagi best bile ada omputih were praising on chong wei as well :)