Pages

January 15, 2010

There's always gonna be another mountain, I'm always gonna wanna make it move

It's been a while since I last talked about my study progress. Blog yang memang tahapehape ni menjadi semakin tahapehape with all the gibberish and rambling talks. Heh..


Today I had my second practical exam. Altogether I have 3 practical exams to be completed. The importance of this exam is to test my competency lah of course so like it or not I need to PASS this tests to move on to do clinical stuffs. For this second exam, I had to prepare 1 cavity and restore 1 prepared cavity. What the hell are this cavities for, you may asked.When a tooth got a carious lesion, removal of the caries and restoration is COMPULSORY to avoid the dying of the tooth. Simply put, when one area in the body is infected with bacteria we must try our best to eradicate the bacteria. The exact thing applies to the tooth as well. Sebab :


CARIES = TOOTH DECAY = CAUSED BY BACTERIA INVASION


things that could happen to your tooth!

Dalam mulut kita ni, banyak je bacteria yang bergelumang and with improper oral health regime like not brusing thoroughly, not flossing and not having a regular dental checkup, carious lesion could happen anytime. If the lesion is not attended, dia akan mula attack the pulp and once pulp dah infected, tamatlah riwayat the tooth X___X

bact lesion starts at enamel-dentine junction and spread laterally. so it could extend to pulp, the "vital part" of the tooth


So back to my practical exam, since a few weeks ago we've started practical with cavity (CAVITY =HOLE) preparation and restoration. Bile dah tebuk gigi tu, kita tampal balik untuk dapatkan shape asal. It was pretty okay initially because our lecturer has arranged things by starting with the easy peasy one and the level of hardness increased as we go along. There are 5 classes of caries cavity, the hardest one being class 2 and I must say doing class 2 is really, really really really tiring. Usually at the end of my practical session I have ran out of energy and concentration already and it really got me frustrated when I can't do my things right.


this is class 2 cavity. Occurs interdentally (between tooth) at posterior tooth


We had 3 hours to prepare one cavity and fill one cavity. 180 minutes of sitting on the chair, straining your back staring inside the mannikin's head and we didn't even take a 20 mins break like we usually do during normal classes. At the end of the exam, I ended up with backpain, dried eyes and headache and had to endure another 1 hour lecture before I could go back home. Even during normal classes, especially during times when I had difficulties with the cavities the combination of frustration and tiredness usually left me so cranky and angry and sleepy and lazy.

duduk lama-lama mengadap mannikin


using indirect vision summore. thinking about it alone can make me feel like throwing up already



Bile penat dan frust macam ni, often I asked myself, betulke aku tabah nak jadi dentist caneh? huhuhu...

1 comment:

sigigisenget said...

bersabarlah wahai kawan...kalo kau x jd dentist, cmne aku nak wat bracess free..hehehehe... =)