Pages

October 23, 2009

Of football and international appearance

I had my first international appearance today.


Wahhhhh ayat opening tak nak kalah. Today we had a game going on against the 4th years (a football game that is) For the first time ever, I get to meet them in a non-class environment. You know being here it's hard to penetrate through their social clan because most of the activities are held in the bars and involve alcohols. So I don't really see my classmates that much outside classes hospitals or labs.


So when I have the opportunity to play football with them, I didn't miss it. I played as goalie because as alwaysssss people will never say that they want to take up that position. Biasalah kalau tanya mesti main striker or defender. Jarang lah kata I am goalie.

I enjoyed playing the game so much! Sakit sengal sana-sini tu biasalah because we played for half an hour like that. We had close winning 3-2 and our classmates are all geared up for our next game against the first years. They even wanted to have practice session before the real match. Sssseeeemaangattttt..


Anyhoo..I hope I managed to change whatever perceptions they have towards me or the international students or muslim students. Yup we don't mix with them that much simply because we are not really comfortable with their definition of having fun. Not that we don't want to. I hope I did my job well as a representative to my country, race and religion. Wahhhh kau kenapa semangat patriotik lebih ni?


Eh tapi kelakar la hearing them struggling to pronounce my name. Like..people who are close to me like the Malaysians, Botswanian and Michele (she's from Singapore) would call me Nad but the rest of them would call my full name. It came out as "Nazra" when they are trying to talk quickly. Cuma the Kuwaitis je could pronounce my name beautifully eventhough it sounded more like "Nadzerraa" (baca dengan makhraj yang betul. kekeke)


Tomorrow I'm going to Dublin for Dublin Week. My third involvement in the Dublin games - futsal, badminton and chess among Malaysian in Ireland/UK. During my first year we formed a mixed team and got 6th place out of 8. Last year I represented team Cork and we won first place! I hope this year we could at least win a medal. Tak kisah la warna ape pun =)



the first years, October 2007


Corkians, Oct 2008

CorkoroCocoCrunch - we are back, October 2009, insyaAllah ^^

No comments: