Pages

August 04, 2009

Tracing back the ancestors

This few days I've been reading through stories of my father's family. You see, I spent very limited time with him. He passed away when I was 5. Hence the ignorance of the family's inside stories. And now I know why I got so confused with the title..what should I call them and whatnots.


My father has only one big bro and one lil sis. But his mother (my grandma) has 10 siblings and apparently all of them were quite bonded together so in most of the family gatherings, the bigger families are there. I was so confused on who's who and literally transformed into a clueless monkey everytime I'm with them. In most of the conversations (if any) I was hoping they would somehow insert what should I call them..

Apparently my ancestors were quite "somebody". But I'm pretty sure most of ours were, don't they? Biasalah orang dulu-dulu mesti ada gelaran sana-sini.

And here's the "closer" family of mine. My grandpa and grandma are numbered 1 and 2. I didn't get to meet grandpa cause he passed away before I was born. And grandma...I know dad was quite close to her.


I remembered back then when we used to go to Jalan Gurney almost every week to visit her. Grandma passed away about 5 years ago. After years of bedridden due to stroke. When I am big enough to get to know her, she barely could talk anymore. But I know she recognized me because of I resemble my father a lot.

My dad is the guy in the middle. Smiling to the camera :)


Eventhough I'm quite annoyed with a number of facebook messages came flooding in (READ : THIS IS JUST ME. I DON'T LIKE MY MAILBOX, FACEBOOK INBOX BE FLOODED WITH UNREAD MESSAGES. AND YES I'M PARTICULARLY SENSITIVE WITH FACEBOOK'S) but I'm still thankful there are finally some way to get to know dad's family better :)

No comments: