Pages

February 06, 2009

A denied escapism

I am still in Cork. And I guess I'm not going anywhere this week *sigh*

It all began with the impulsive moment I had last week. A snowballing effect of stresses has made me crazy enough to book a ticket outside from Cork. A much needed escapism I call it.

A few days after my ticket has been confirmed it started to snow all over UK and even Ireland (and Cork!) I knew this is extraordinary.

But I never thought the sudden change in weather would cost me a heartbreak (acheh~) this weekend. When Ryanair has started to cancel flights last Monday, I began to start worrying. It got worse when Yahoo! news came out with a very devastating news saying that it's going to be an extreme and heavy snow the day I should be departing from Cork.

So the day has arrive. I've been constantly checking Ryanair website for updates since the night before and it all seemed good until this morning. But the friend said it was not at her side. And I started to tell myself to prepare for the worst. Prepare for the worst.

Nonetheless, I still kept hope that I would be able to fly to her. To get a fresh new air and to get around with people I'm comfortable with.

At the very last minute I packed my things and went to the airport, checked in and waited at the departure hall. Hurmm..it all looked so good at that moment.

The first announcement were made and at that instance I knew that it's not going to happen.
The second announcement and it's confirmed.

I am very frustrated but in a way I'm thankful because the flight is cancelled. Had it been delayed, I would not be able to get my refunds. So I went straightaway log on to the website to send my refund application and waited for my partner in crime to arrive to share the bad news.

But hey, I can still handle the frustration though. Even there are many a few regrets...
Like MacBabe not to be able to get her screen replaced.
And I will still stuck in the same 'ol Cork
And we had to cancel the date this Sunday

Maybe there are some plus points of me staying here rather than enjoying my ass there...
Like starting to dive into my notes
Or organizing my messy life
Or I may start appreciating Cork? (blah.)


I might just start swimming now. Maybe I can reach Malaysia just in time for Wani's birthday celebration? :D

No comments: