Pages

December 31, 2008

Barcelona - the city that never sleeps

Okay back to the Spain updates. Tunggang langgang sudah ceritaku. Lantak lah. I need to speed up the updates coz as soon as Adilah is back, I will no longer have a laptop :( Babe, me misses u so much. Hold on okay? When the service centre dah bukak I'll send you right away..

Our flight from Madrid to Barcelona was at 12.50pm. We didn't go anywhere that morning. Stayed in the hostel. Lepak2. Borak2. So how come we missed the flight? I dunno..Takpelah..what past is past kan..


potential reason terlepas flight - camwhoring kat hostel tuh!

I realised that we cudn't make it when we are in the Metro and when the clock struck 12. Konfem tak smpat. We were running like hell to the airport. Nak cari kaunter RyanAir yg tersorok tu satu hal lagi. Seriously like another version of Amazing Race! And the snob RyanAir officer denied our beggings. Logic la pun dah pukul 12.20pm at that time. I was so mad at myself coz I think as the "organizer" I was the one who is responsibled to make sure all was fine..huu..

Anyway we spread out to find options to get to Barcelona. By hook or by crook we need to get there since our flight back was from Barcelona. The flight - of course costed us hundred euros - reject. The train - costed us 106eu - reject reject. So we were left to 2 options. Either to take bus or to rent a car. After considering the pros n cons and after bertawakal, we rented an Audi C4 car. Luckily the company accepted drivers under 23 y old! Who was behind the wheel?? Yours truly la, Alhamdulillah I've experienced left-hand-side driving when I went to Southern Spain last year..

After stuffing our bags into the oh so small bonet and stuffing ourselves into the oh not so big car, we departed from Madrid airport at around 1.50pm. Only God knows how nervous I was at that time. Nasib ada navigator. he he..My target was to reach Barcelona ASAP and to drive as minimal as we could in dark. Cuakksss okayhh...Out of the 6 hours journey, we only stop once. Itupun less than one hour coz I insisted on doing so. Terpaksa menjadi kejam coz I was so tired and I'm afraid my eyes and body couldn't tolerate the pressure anymore..

The journey was okay. At times, I sped off. Tak perasan laaa =P Especially bila suasana senyap sunyi dan terdengar keruhan org tidoq...wahhh sungguh menggegar iman. At one time I reached 170km/h but not for so long la...Most of the time it's only 140-150km/h saja. Itupun annoyed by the alert signal by the navigator..Tapi saya sentiasa berdoa dan berselawat okay semoga semua selamat. Dah lah bawak anak orang kann..hihihihi. On the way, Mihah received text from Alya saying they found my phone. Alhamdulillah..one not so good thing happened, one good thing came :)


Ceria je semuaorangg..padahal...hehehheh

Reached Barcelona airport and took Metro to our so called hotel. Again, something silly happened, coz I left my purse in the car so Fiqah and I went back to the airport. Seriously percutian terpenat seumur hidup neh!

The accomodation? Truth be told, I booked the accomodation and it stated as HOTEL. Very very deceiving okay. It turned out to be a very creepy room with a creepy hotelkeeper in kinda creepy place. Dahlah Fiqah and I were kinda lost in our way to find the hotel. We were guided by a random guy who claimed to be Muslim whom initially we thought to have bad intention towards us. Siap dah pesan kat fiqah awal2 cakap kita jerit kuat2 kalau ada apa2 jadi..hihihiih..But all was fine. I didn't even thanked him properly coz I was so nervous!

Okay onto the next day..we had to leave the place early before the pakcik hotel realized they were 6 of us (coz we booked places for 4 only! not a big deal pun actually tapi dia yang pelik lebeh!) The first stop was La Sagrada Familia. It looked gigantic in the picture but in reality...alah biasa-biasa jer! And the place was under construction and we didn't get to enter the place.


tangkap dari luar pun jadi laaaa..

We toured around Barcelona. Went to the Picasso museum. But what do you expect from we people yang tak berapa nak appreciate the arts. Tengok sikit pastu mengomel2. Huhu..Went to the so-called Bohemian market-tak-berapa-nak-market-sangat..


had lunch at the restaurant. and had the Paella - the local food. Jadilah merasa makanan tempatan kan...

Later that evening we went to Port Vell..


Makcik kot ungu and pakcik seluar ungu. awhhhh so sweettttttt...

captured by Malaysians we met there. thanks kakak2~


water..me likey!


the ships? kah


in front of the Maregmanum shopping complex.

We walked along the La Ramblas..shopped for souvenirs and went to the area at Placa Catalunya, again, the shopping areas. Maximised our tour as Fiqah and I had only one day in Barcelona coz our flight was early in the morning the next day..


Hard Rock Cafe Barcelona.

Went back to the creepy-hotel-4-tingkat-tangga-tinggi-tapi-sempit. I slept only for 1-2 hours and stayed up the rest of the nite coz I'm afraid we'll miss the bus to the airport. It takes about 1.5 hours to Barcelona Girona (ala ala LCCT lah gituu). Luckily all was okay. Sampai2 pun elok2 je before the bus departed.

At 8.45am, I departed from Girona airport to Bremen :)

All in all, I see Madrid & Spain are very different from the Southern Spain places I went last year. But generally from my observation people from Madrid is much cleaner and pleasant looking rather than Barcelona (selambe je jadi judgemental kan) The places of interest in Barcelona spread out unlike Madrid....Barcelona city sangat meriah thruout the nite okay. Tak tidur agaknya mereka itu...

p/s : excuse the grammar and ayat tunggang langgang. laju2 je type malas nak proofread.

1 comment:

izefuze said...

baby acer rosak jugak:(
sehati sejiwa la ni..wuu