Pages

November 09, 2008

A ONE-der-full Saturday

Exclusively brought to you......

A Day In Laburnum B&B's Kitchen...

Today, Dayah & Wany has got a crazy plan to mess up the kitchen. As an effort to make my resume of second degree (Degree in Culinary aka CooOooking) more colourful, I tagged along with their mission possible. Plus, today is my turn to cook (Yes, turn hari Sabtu sangat bahagia kerana boleh mengelat selalu)

Early in the morning, they went to Tesco to get the things...


Baking butter, flour,sugar

Dayah started off the day with her signature brownies..


Dayah cutting the maltesers

Walla...dah siap! Yummylicious. Siap ada part without the walnut she made for me. Yes, despite the name...Nad...I am not really a fan of any kind of nuts.


Brownies with maltesers and white chocolat

Then we proceed with the cupcakes puansri. Mandor cupcakes kita pada hari ini ialah PuanSri Wany..


Our excited faces when the cakes became cupcakes.


Since it's my turn to cook today, I had to take a break from the cupcake business and concentrate on the dinner's menu..

At about 5ish, the electricity were cut off due to some problem with the ESB. I was kinda worry and disappointed since I intended to make sambal udang and I haven't blended the onions and all..

So I settled for the traditional way => Lesung batu. *tumbuk tumbuk sambil menangis kepedihan*

Thank God it didn't last long...by 6 it went on back...


Once in a blue moon I wanted to eat something different. Hari-hari ayam ayam ayam ayam ayam. Sampai habis idea nak buat ayam masak apa...sekali sekala makan la udang..dapat la..3 ketul (kecil) sorang...


This one inspired by Mak Semah. But since we got no sawi, I replaced it with the lettuce. And added sliced potatoes to make it merrier. Ngehngeh...


The menu for today : Ikan bilis goreng cili & kicap with potato, sambal udang, and tomyam (ayam) putih (masak from scratch okay tak guna perisa pun~~)

After I'm done with the dinner dishes, I joined Dayah and Wany who seemed to enjoy doing the deco on the cupcakes so much..

Rasa macam blajar seni kat sekolah rendah. Main campur warna water colour semua...hehe

Due to the uncreativeness, I just managed to come out with these simple cuppycakes.

nadz


nzra...


nadzirah!


this one is wany's.


dayah's. Paling manyak effort and paling warna warni..

Camwhore with cuppies is a must since this is a rare opportunity seeing us doing this crazy things..


After several attempts..



Our cupp-o-cakes


3 budak penat yang tamao menatap cupcakes selama sebulan~


6 comments:

wani ezryl * said...

omg kreatifnya korang!! ^^ i loove to see the loveliness of the cupcakes! *tho i seldom eat cakes.. haha*

and and ikan bilis kicap dgn kentang tu pun my fave dish haha. sgt sedap yet simple ^^

n Z r A said...

huhuhu..kreatif kah itu macaammm...tapi kan..ktorang tak mampu pun nak makan kek tu..rasa macam..
tsk..terlalu warna warni geli lah. hahhaa


yes yes yes...simple dan sonang...tak pedihkan mata~

redhuans said...

hahaha
weyh cupcakes korang tuh nak wat perhiasan ker nak makan..hahah

n Z r A said...

soalan yg bagus disitu

haha tanak makan dah penat dah makan cupcakes. nnt esok ktorang sedekah kat korang ehh

fendi said...

hahaha..muke dayah tgh ptong maltesers tuh nmpk sinister gile! =P

Anonymous said...

amazing friends!