Pages

May 12, 2015

If I give up being a healthcare professional, I would be a....

..a chef! 


Until I was 20, I knew a very little about cooking except for maggi and goreng telur sos. I left Malaysia with very basic knowledge of making food. I only brought 3 recipes in my head - ayam kicap versi makpah, sambal and ayam kari. And mind you they were only in my head I never actually cooked them.


And then I was sent to land of no home country food and the only way to survive is to cook your own. Adelah kedai halal satu dua but how long can you survive on kebabs tacos and burgers. Plus they were very cost inefficient too considering we were only depending on our monthly allowance..


Thanks to the internet and the free time I had on the first year, I had more chance to develop my cooking skill. I had my batchmates to be my guinea pigs and managed to cook a more advanced dishes like nasi kerabu with ayam percik, nasi lemak ayam berempah etc..


After I graduated I didn't cook as much as I did in Cork in Malaysia. Reason I was being too tired at my own cooking and..well...there are plethora of food here in Malaysia who needs to cook anyway. However this past few months I started to watch loads and loads of Food Network Channel series and re-developed my passion for cooking.. Tried a few recipes but still hadn't find the courage to feed a lot of people..


Whipped my own pesto sauce and incorporated it into 2 separate dishes - baked chicken pesto and pesto mayo. The mayo was a hit masuk bakul angkat sendiri kthanxbai

One day when things get, hmm, a bit lonely I might just give my current job a break, travel and learn to cook at different countries. The thing about learning to cook from different countries is they love their piggy and alcohols so gotta find a way to learn how to cook without incorporating those two ingredients..


On the other hand, I am pretty excited we are throwing out a party this weekend. Volunteered myself to prepare sambal goreng jawa and I never cooked them before this so this must be interesting. It's been a while since our last get together so I wanna make sure we all had fun :)



If I ever get decided to disconnect from my closed companies, I want to leave them with the best of memories so gotta give my best :3

No comments: