Pages

June 14, 2011

Our weekend getaway - Part One

Alright, let's start with the stories shall we? Sooo...last Saturday me and my 4 others adik2 went for our weekend getaway..ya know to shake a bit the stress out of our mind. I was done with my exams...so this is a much needed break!


We rented a car, a manual car to be exact. The last time I drove a manual car like really drive it for long journey more than 10-20minutes-try2-tengok-boleh-tak-bawak-lagi was 5 years ago, maybe? I used to drive abang's satria for first 2-3 years after I got license but once mom let me drove automatic, I've never looked back again..lol. So yeah, I was pretty nervous..but turned out, it was okay! Still had it in me.

The greens that accompanied us...
The roads were very narrow and totally not as smooth as malaysian highway. At times we passed a road very narrow that we had to let the car from the opposite pass us first. But Alhamdulillah we managed to pass all the obstacles so sekarang I'm totally confident with my manual driving skill. Cuma of course, the legs were soooo tired la by the end of the journey.

We went out from home at 8ish am. Reached out first destination- Gougane Barra around 940am at there were only us and the other 2 person I think from another car. So we kinda had the whole place/jungle to ourselves...


Greeted by this lake of Gougane Barra - the source of River Lee. Was mesmerized by the beauty

We had to climb the hill to get to the waterfall area and chose the most strenuous trail..

The journey starts...

Took a lot of stops to take pictures...and also catch a breath..

View from the top. The picture doesnt do justice to the place. You have to actually be there to enjoy it. Totally worth the journey!

Relaxing by the waterfall. The water was sooooo cold. 

The trees around Gougane Barra were all very straight. Very the discipline one. And it was also one chilly morning because the sun wasn't quite out yet..

The lake, again..
A little video I made about our journey in Gougane Barra :)




Next stop? Mizen Head!


No comments: