Pages

August 19, 2008

mIRC


Dang la...it's 2.45am and I am still wide awake. Was about to sleep and when suddenly my mind flew to the future, thinking what and who am I gonna be the next few years, Terus terbangun tak leh tdo.

So yeah lemme ramble and reminisce about things of the past. Some people may not want to live with the past anymore. But I chose not to let go the history. So what if it's not there anymore? Hahaha mari emo di pukul 2.50pagi.

What
Do u know what mIRC is? It's Microsoft Internet Relay Chat, founded by Khaled Mardam Bey. For those of u who have just joined the cyber world in the past 2-3 years, mIRC may not be something familiar to u. But for me, who has been joining this addictive world of cyber since primary 5, mIRC is deffo something that grew in me. >.< Modus operandi
mIRC works simply like this. You choose your nickname, log in to the web server, join a channel, click on others' nickname, and walla...chat la!

Nicknames
It depends on you whether u want to keep using the same nickname or not. You may register your nickname with nickserv if u don't want other people to use your name. As for me, my nickname changed quite a few times before I finally settled for sAd_aNgeL for a few years. Ngahaha...cheesssy...I know I know (=_=)"

Channels
There are thousands of channels available in mIRC. All you need to do is figure out what kind of group are you in. General Malaysian chatters usually go for channel #kampung. Aaa...sounds familiar isn't it? You can also join the channel for people of your age. #12thn, #13thn, #17thn. But I'm not quite sure whether there is channel for #51thn tho :P I used to be a loyal chatters of #sbp, #sainskl, and occasionally, #0004, #mrsm, #mp3zs and few other downloading channels. YES. You can download things through mIRC using the function DCC ke ape tah tu..

Chatters
Each channels are also being "taken care of" certain operators. Operators are sometimes chatters among us, but may also be a 'bot', errmm..a shortform of robot, i guess? Those VICs (very important chatters) may be the founder, SOP, AOP, VOP and UOP. My highest achievement was to be one of the AOPs of #sbp. Time tu kire tengah top of the [cyber] world lah kire-kirenye and [quite] famous among other chatters.

Reality vs Virtual
Sometimes you may know the person you are chatting with. For instance, schoolmates. mIRC may also be the place where you started to be friend with your schoolmates. Sounds weird, eh? But, that is the wonders of mIRC. When I was in lower secondary years, I used to know quite a number of seniors. And became known among some of them. I am quite a low profile girl lah back then, but thanks to mIRC, I became someone in front of my seniors. There's one time also I was saved - from being selected masuk perbarisan by my seniors who happened to be the commando. Ngahaha..Nama busuk pun ada gak when I accidentally labeled a group of senior (girls) geng pendek. Muahaha..habis kena target T_T

You may also know people from other schools, from channels like #sbp. Some of you may decide to take the bond one step further, either deeper or out from the cyber world. I used to exchange numbers with some of them. But I was being very careful in giving out details. Not until I have become comfortable with them! But sadly I don't really keep in touch with them until know. Yang tinggal cuma Raje si sang_kuriang yg dah agak2 sombong skarang neh, Afiq ben (who became my classmate in Matrix, and became KMB-mate), Kak Leen! (hehehe..still remember?), 'zarf and few others. Mungkin ade je dulu we came across but tak perasan kan?

My story
As stated above, I started when I was 11 years old. Slowed down during my PMR years. Made a comeback during Form 4. Slowed down during SPM and stopped completely after I started to work after SPM. mIRC has been a bittersweet memory for me. I made quite a number of friends but didn't managed to extend most of the friendship til now. During Ramadhan, I will stay up the whole nite until sahur. Slept after Subuh and dozed off the whole day..bangun2 dah pukul 4! Oh oh..puasa jenis apakah itu T_T

I looked forward to every school holiday (who doesn't?) so I could chat and chat and chat the whole nite. Being known among my schoolmates because of it too. Lepas tu kena bahan jadi founder la ape la by some of them.

Being known in people of other school pun ade gak. Ada this one time, I was kinda erm...known by people of this one school. It started with this one particular guy. Then continued by encik sang_kuriang kite, and later on the chain spread. But I must say I owed SK a lot. He used to be my penasihat, and one of the best friend I ever had. But notice the past tense, yes, it was in the past already.


p/s : mind my language. it's 3.44am now. Ngantuk. But kenot sleep. I'm going out today. Nanti overslept T_T

7 comments:

A.R.E.L.E.E.Z.A.F.F.E.N.D.Y said...

mari b'info2-an b'sama n z r a! hehe..

Anonymous said...

muahaha. best gile zaman irc dulu kannn!!
eh eh nk mention gak nih. akulah founder #0004 dalnet n webnet! muehehehehe.

zliah said...

teringat zaman dolu2~

hahaha.

salah satu penyebab kita rapat adalah mirc kan.

n Z r A said...

kak roz : muahahaha..info2 kah! hehehe

zarf : haaa..yekee??? i tot budak2 koleq or tkc. hehehehehe

ida : ha'a lah ida! baru teringat!

zliah said...

haha.ye la.dulu kita mana ada connection lgsg.
kelas da la xpernah sama.
rumah pun tak sama.
cuma pernah jd dormmate sethn jeeee~

Alia said...

hahaha. kak leen igt! :)

time flies so fast. nak turn balik boleh tak? doraemonnnnnnnnn.

craps.

zinnia-lyana said...

hye nadz! kita knal ngan irc kan? hehe.