Pages

January 16, 2007

Alhamdulillah...

walking to and fro. risau risau. look into the mirror. walk again. risau risau

S :Who is Nadzirah?
M :Yes, me. *screamsssssssss....*

S :Oh please come in.Morning.Anyway, I'm Dr Michael Murphy and he is (pointing to a bald guy in the room) is Dr Shaun Mc Cann
S2 :(bald guy)Hi,pls have a sit.

S :So did u get enough sleep last nite..
M :Err..actually I didnt sleep quite well last nite.
S :Have u had any interview experience before this?
M :Actually,no. This is my first time one-on-one interview...
But u had practices before this?
Yes, I had..
So it should be okay..

S :In your family, do u have anyone taking dentistry?
M :No. My father had passed away 13 yrs ago and he was a contractor. My mother is in national car business (why did i rephrase my mom's job?? haha cacat hell)while my brother is an engineer.

S :Engineer? Where?
M :In petronas KLCC.

S :Where did he do his practical?
M :In Ford.

S :Did he study in overseas?
M :No, he didnt. He studied in Petronas University at Perak.
S :How did ur family reacted when u chose dentistry?
M :Since none of my family are in dentistry so my decision is solely made by myself and thru my research. My mother had been very supportive. My brother....yada yada

S :Why do u choose dentistry?
M :Actually I want to be able to help ppl to build their confidence. This is because speaking thru experience, when I was 4 yrs old I loss half of my upper right incisor during yada yada bla bla..
I also love to work with other ppl because I always feel lonely at home. My mother had been working very hard yada yada.. and my brother went to residential school so I always ..yada yada

S :Where do you want to work?
M :Err..I think I might be working with the government. This is because actually Malaysian are still lacking of knowledge about dental health care....yada yada yadahwahwa...really?? maybe..during my 10 yrs bond ler..obviously!
S :So u'll be working as public health dentist?
M :Yes, I guess so

S :How to educate people?
M:Thru campaign...yada yada yada..collaboration with Ministry of Health...yada yada
School syllabus on dental healthcare..yada yada

S :You said, u've lost ur tooth. When the dentist came to ur school for checkups, didnt they fix ur tooth?
M :No, they just did the basic procedures and never asked me to yada yada yada

S :What is the biggest challenge when u are 7000 miles away from ur home?
M :Firstly, I might have to adapt to the new environment, the climate and the ppl. But I heard Irish are very friendly so I shud not be worried about it. And I've read the weather is not as extreme as other European countries so I think it shud be okay..yada yada
2ndly, is being away from my mom because she'll be staying alone at home since my brother is getting married. But he is staying near to my house so I guess it wud be ok..yada yada bla bla

S :When is ur bro getting married?
M :1st september
S :Oh..it shud be okay because it's before ur registration...*what?? registration?? happy #1*

S :Do u cook?
M :Yes I do. Curry is my expertise. tipu gler..actually i was thinking of spaghetti or masak kicap but the words got stuck sumwhere in my thalamus. Since I saw currypuff on the table before I went into the room, i just said CURRY..hwahwa..cacat..

S :Do u think u will be having problem in finding food?
M :No, i dont think so. I've been asking my seniors and they said I should have no problem in getting food because there are many Moslem restaurant..yada yada
Yes u r right, yada yada...

S :(taking the mineral water) Do u think the water is fluoridated?
M :Yes, because in 1998, Malaysia govt had implemented the fluoridation..yada yada proven by the reducing no. of children getting dental cavity...yada yada

S :Is there any debate about the implementation?
M :I guess no because i think the govt understand the importance of fluoridation in dental health...yada yada.kantoi...mane gwe tau...i was 11 yrs old enjoying my playing time so wtf with the debate or the fluoridation??

S :Besides learning, what do u do? What are ur hobbies ?
M :I love writing. Writing as a medium to express my feelings and share my ideas. I have blog. I feel writing as a medium to reduce my stress because when I'm feeling tensed I wud write...yada yada..bla bla
I also love sports. Once in a while, I'll play futsal with my friends. I was also the member of my school's handball, hockey and athletics. In athletics, I represented my school in javelin n shot put and yada yada
S :Wow..yada yada.
W:No worry, sir. I wont throw anything to u

S :So, u love writing, do u love reading?
M :Yes

S :Your favourite writer?
M :Cecilia Aehern

S AND S2:(bursting laugh)

S :Do u know who she is?
M :Yes, she is the daughter of Ireland Pm

S AND S2 :LAUGH YADA YADA I DONT UNDERSTAND

S :Before this I always heard from KMB student about Sidney Sheldon,dont u love her book?
M :Not really...yada yada..

S :Do u have any Q to ask?
M :I heard that ...yada yada yada
S :Oh, it is very occasional..yada yada...
I dont think JPA would allow u to...yada yada

S :So I guess u will be taking ur exam and IELTS..yada yada..Good luck in ur exams and I hope to see u in Ireland..

M :*screamssssss...i was about to say that...mestilah ku mahu jumpa kamu di Ireland oh sir yg sgt comel!!*Yes, sir. I really hope to meet u in Ireland...
Enjoy ur stay in Malaysia..

**re-typed and re-phrased based on my memory. mestilah ku tak ingatt sebijik sebijan..uhuhuhuhu...**

i'll be back. ta~

No comments: