Pages

December 13, 2006

the games of your life

So far, the national anthem (Negaraku) has only been heard 6 times at Qatar, and most of the time, it is being played at Qatar Bowling Centre. Up until this moment, our target of at least 7 gold medals is not achieved yet. We've lost several potential gold medals in karate, pole vault,and diving but not to worry, there's still nicol david and azlan to save the contigent's ass...

Here's some highlights on Asian Games, as far as I've watched lah.

1.4X100 men final won by Thai and I strongly agree with the commentator's opinion on how courage and high spirit has sent the team to the top. Compared to Japan and KSA, all 4 sprinters of Thai are just on average (except for Wachara Sondree-he got bronze medal in 100m) but they managed to clocked 39.21s to secure the gold medal in this event. U can tell their exuberance just from the way they sang to their national anthem during the victory ceremony.

2. Msia women hockey team finished at 5th position and I should say that is very mengagumkan (siot, word searching error) I managed to watch them playing against Taipei and I've already started to admire them. Hebat seyh! They are so petite, compared to the opponents tau.

3. I'd like to announce that rugby isn't really the roughest game. Sepak takraw is more violent,eventhough it does not involve any boisterous physical contact. I mean,just look at them jeopardizing their arm, feet and body spiking the ball and doing "bicycle kick".Seriously, I admire their skills!!

4. One of the many factors I love this event, is seeing the diversity of cultures and countries. I'd just love pronouncing the thailand's name like Narongchai Vacheebaran,Pansira Purich etc etc. Hohoh, it just slip out of the tongue smoothly. Oh, to strengthen the fact that I'm an ignorant I was surprised to see that Kazakhstan facial features are more like the white people. All this while I thought, as long as the name ends with -tan, they will possess facial features like pakistani, or indians or bangladeshi.huhu...

5. China, Japan and SOME Thai athletes (in athletics esp) are good looking!! huhuhuhu (xde kaitan)

Reminiscing the abandoned memories of my school's sports events, I must say I'm quite proud of myself, especially my hands (haha masuk bakul angkat sendri) Yelah, though I could not contribute much for running nor sprinting events in the sukantara, I redeemed myself in my own field.

2001 - Silver for shot put, Gold for javelin -> credit to MIMA for teaching me the techniques to throw the javelin properly. I owe u bro!
2002 - Gold for shot put, silver for javelin (siot, Trex robbed the gold from me) plus, a bronze for MSSKL javelin
2003- Silver for shot put-> again, beaten by Corinne Elsa
2004- Gold for both shot put and javelin. Such a sweet victory. Managed to outdo Trex and broke the shot put's record. What was the secret? I imagined Pa and Toye (some of the QM boys) in front of me and I'm throwing the ball towards them.Failed to win the MSSKL shot put. Damn, the others were just too good. Really dissapointed they didnt choose me for javelin. Trex went, instead. Siot gler!!!!!!!!!!! Nasib dier x menang(dengki)

I aint that bad in sports, aite?

Ta~

P/S : To=> you! Erm, sorry for the late reply. And sorry, I'm not into the bawangs. Go ahead and watch those bawangs quarelling while I'll be drooling over some hot guys in the Asian Games. Fair n square, isnt it? =P

No comments: